Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's been a busy month.
Adam had finals, traveled to London, Manchester, Portugal, Seattle and Phoenix all within three weeks. Adeline and I left town while Adam studied for his finals... a win- win for all.
We went to my home town in Washington. While there, my mother put me to work as we updated and remodeled their house. Two weeks consisted of shopping, painting, sewing, shopping, sanding, and shopping.. it was exhausting but a blast! I will post before and afters when it is complete.. still waiting for flooring and counter tops to be put in.
We returned home from WA, spent the rest of Adam's Spring Break playing around California, then decided to celebrate Easter with family in AZ. It was a short trip but a great one. It was fun to see Adeline around her older cousins, and to celebrate her first Easter! Also, AZ is amazing this time of year.. I tried to soak in as much sun as I could... this rain filled winter has left my face an awful shade of pasty.
Needless to say, Adeline has been quite the little traveler. She did great on all four legs of the trip. I know we are in a very narrow window where she cannot yet crawl, and can sit happy and play with her toys. I call it my happy little "pet rock" stage. It is a wonderful thing.
This new semester is looking to be a great one. We are settled in to Stanford, and I no longer feel like a newby. Adam's work load is a little less, which is always great. I am taking a baby yoga class as well as a sand volleyball class. Both are nearly free! I love the perks of the wife-of-student life. Adeline has lots of "play dates", and loves to interact with the kids in the courtyard.
Also, Adam decided to take an internship in L.A. for the summer. We have found a sublet to take our apartment, so Adeline and I will be floating between WA, L.A. and Lake Tahoe (Ward family cabin) this summer. Hoping for more happy travels.


Exploring the California Academy of Science.




Adeline threatening a lizard with her tongue.




A family photo at the Japanese Tea Garden in S.F. This photo is funny because this place is one of the most picturesque places.. and we end up with a photo in front of a strange over-sized blue door.

A slightly better shot of the Tea Gardens.


Easter baby!



Our little frequent flyer!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun...you have such a charmed life! :) Can't wait for our next get together!

    ReplyDelete